Why Choose the Master of Arts in Translation and Interpretation (MTI) Programme
With a focus on English to Chinese and Chinese to English translation, the MTI Programme distinguishes itself from general translation courses and programmes. Its specific objectives are to help students develop the following capabilities:
- A high level of proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing in both Chinese and English.
- A comprehensive set of skills as well as professional attitudes and ethics for carrying out professional translation/interpretation work between English and Chinese.
- A thorough understanding of theories, debates and research methods in translation and interpretation studies.
- Competency in conducting research in translation and interpretation as well as expertise in research design and methodology.
- Capabilities for tackling various issues in relation to registers and styles and rendering texts from a wide range of specialised fields, as well as adequate knowledge of relevant interdisciplinary concepts.
- Awareness of technological changes and advances in translation/interpretation, as well as the know-how to use translation tools to facilitate translation production.
- The ability to reflect on one’s own translation and interpreting experience in more theoretical terms, so as to learn from future experience and foster developments in the related fields.
The establishment of the MTI Programme is a timely response to the demands of the local society and the region. It not only serves to bridge the gap between different disciplines in academia and industry but also to add to the intellectual breadth of NTU as a comprehensive university.
Application for Admission
The MTI Programme offers one intake in January each year.
The Online Application is currently open for the January 2019 intake. The deadline for submitting the online application is 30 September 2018. Click here to start your application.
Please print out a copy of the completed application form and send it to the MTI office (see the address below) together with all the required supporting documents (listed under the "Admission Requirements"):
Attn: The MTI Office
Address: HSS-02-19 (MTI), 14 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332
The two information sessions have been completed. You are welcome to make inquiries via email or by phone if you have any further questions.
||18 September 2018, Tuesday|
Time: 7.00 pm - 9.00 pm
(Registration starts at 6.00 pm and dinner will be provided.)
Venue: NTU Executive Centre, NTU@one-north, Buona Vista, Singapore