Click here for Presentation guidelines
Presentation and Abstract Submission
There are four types of presentations at the symposium. While the first two types are by invitations only, we welcome abstract submission for Short Communication and Poster Presentation.
1. Paper Presentation
There will be 24 paper presentations by invited speakers. Each presentation session will be 15 minutes of talk time plus 5 minutes of Q&A.
2. Panel Discussion
There will be two panel discussions at the symposium, each lasting one hour. There will be one moderator and a diversified group of panelists such as officers from healthcare organizations, healthcare professionals, patient advocates and caregivers, to discuss about meanings and best practices on patient-centered care, and end-of-life conversations.
3. Short Communication
There will be 10 sessions of short communications. Each presenter will have 10 minutes to present their work, and we will have an integrated 10-minute Q&A at the end of the session after five short communications.
4. Poster Presentation
There will be 30 places for poster presentation. Poster swill be on display in an open space (near the refreshement) throughout the two-day event. Presenters will be able to interact with the audience during a designated time on the second day’s lunch hour.
Instruction for abstract submission:
You are welcome to submit an abstract for either the short communication or poster from now till 15 January 2019.
Submissions related to communications in health care, be it a research project, teaching project or study on policy and practice, are welcome.
- All abstracts should be saved in a word document with a file name stating whether it’s a ‘Poster’ or ‘Short Communication’ and their last name in capitalisation e.g. “Short Communication_Joe CHAN”.
- All abstract are limited to 100 words, plus maximum 3 references and 3 keywords, not exceeding one A4 page.
- Font size is 12, Times New Roman, single-lined, margins set to 2.54cm (1 inch) all around.
- Please email the word document to email@example.com with the subject "Abstract Submission: Poster / Short Communication by Author (last name in capital letters)”.
- Acceptance of abstract for short communication / poster is based on the needs of the symposium, which aims to provide a balanced platform for varying issues, concerns, and disciplines.
- Due to limited time, review process will be on-going and acceptance will also be given on a first come first served basis. You may receive a notification either by 20 Dec, 5 Jan or latest 20 Jan, depending on your submission time. This is done so to facilitate your travel arrangement.
CLICK BELOW LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION: